An online presence is a must in this digital day and age. Most companies understand the need to have a website and advertise on the internet. Methods for making the most out of a website can help customers find you online and seek out your services. One form of marketing available on the internet is called search engine marketing (SEM). The vast amount of SEM lingo can make this seem like a daunting task. The Barton Organization, a Florida SEO company, takes the stress out of internet marketing by implementing a successful strategy to promote your online presence.
Defining the SEO Lingo
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): a form of internet marketing that promotes websites by making them more visible on search engine results pages (SERPs). Essentially, SEM involves implementing strategies to allow the website to show up when people do searches on sites like Google.
- Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs): the results pages that show up when a search is done on sites like Google. The higher rank on the results page, the more likely searchers will see your website.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): adjusting and rewriting website content to rank higher on the SERPs.
Why Use SEO?
The higher your website ranks on the search engine results page, the more potential customers that can find you. Higher ranked websites show up on the first few pages of results where searchers are more likely to see them. Search engine optimization employs strategies to make it so that your website will rank higher on the results pages. Increased visibility on these results pages has the potential to increase traffic to your site and ultimately increase your customer base. Quality search engine optimization has the potential to:
- improve visibility of your site
- increase traffic to your site
- convert traffic to sales
- enhance your site’s reputation
- help new customers find you easily
Purpose of SEO
Ultimately the purpose of search engine optimization is to drive more traffic to your site and increase your client base. This is done in a few steps:
- Let major search engine sites like Google, Yahoo and Bing know about your site.
- Get these sites to start sending traffic to your site.
- Move up the rankings to get more traffic.
- Dominate your field and become the number one spot on the rankings.
Getting your website listed higher in the rankings makes a huge difference to your bottom line. The amount of traffic for higher listed websites is much larger than that of websites ranked lower. Maximize your profit by ranking on the first page of the search results.
How is SEO Accomplished?
Search engine optimization looks at all elements of the website to ensure that is set up to increase the potential for searchers to find the website. Every aspect of the site is optimized―improved to make effective use of search engines. This includes looking at the URL, keywords, content, niche, and conversion.
- Keywords: When a person visits a search site like Google, they put in search terms. Researching what keywords people use, allows you to put those key terms into your site so that your website will be included in the results in searches for those keywords. Doing a little research about what keywords people use, will allow you to target those keywords, and improve your rankings on search engine results pages.
- URL: Stands for Uniform Resource Locator. Keep URLs relevant and compelling to improve rankings. They should be descriptive and as brief as possible.
- Niche: This is a specialized market. Businesses often find a group of people that are interested in their product and can have high success selling to that specific market. Find your market of people that are interested in the services you can provide. Marketing to the correct people is much more effective.
- On-Page Optimization: Websites that are user friendly, easy to navigate, and up to date are much more likely to get repeat visitors. Optimization helps create a fresh, clean website that will allow search engines to include it in search results and allow users to find the information that they want.
- Title Optimization: The tile is the first thing that people searching online see on the results page. Make sure that the title reflects the content of the page and includes keywords that people are looking for. This is their first impression of your site, and should engage searchers so that they want to click on the link to learn more.
Meta Tags Optimization: This is a brief description of what can be found on each page of your website. Each meta tag should be different and provide information about what is on each specific page. Interesting meta tags can draw in visitors to your site.
Link Optimization: Your site should be easy to navigate. Links should be clearly described so that users know exactly what to expect when they select a link. Make sure links are beneficial to visitors to your site.
- Content Optimization: Your website should contain highly relevant, unique content, that is updated regularly. This will give your customers a reason to visit the site and come back for more. Make sure to follow search engine guidelines as they are updated to have the correct amount of keywords, and plenty of interesting content to make the information useful.
- Anchor Text Optimization: This makes it easier to navigate the website and can help search engines find your content.
- Conversion: It is great to have more traffic to your site, but you also want to convert your traffic into customers. The conversion rate tells you how many of the people that view your site, either purchase an item, call your office or fill out a survey or form, depending on the purpose of your site. One way to increase conversion is to make it easy for your customer to take action.
The Barton Organization Makes Florida SEO Easy
The Barton Organization has the skills and strategies to improve your website and implement a plan to improve your search engine rankings. Improve the visibility of your site, help new customers find you with ease, and increase the amount of people asking for the services you provide by contacting The Barton Organization today to optimize your site. We make Florida SEO easy with our assorted SEO packages.